This section is dedicated to bikes that have been heavily tuned/modified. Here you will find examples of what can be done explained in detail by the owners themselves.
The idea behind this is so that people can see a real life example of what can be achieved and take a look at what it takes to achieve the "complete package".
Where the owners have already set up their own website I have simply provided a link to it.
If you have heavily modified your ZXR/ZX7R and you think that other people may benefit from your experience send me an e-mail with a description of your bike and what you have done to it (for complex projects a step by step guide would be great) and, if suitable, I shall put it up here.
- Brian's fantastic ZXR750R Racer Brian's passion, knowledge and attention to detail has turned his ZXR750R-M into a lightweight and very potent racebike.
Do you want to know how "extreme" these bikes can go? Here's your answer!!!
Riccardo's ZXR750R SBK Racer This page is in memory of my friend Riccardo and his ex-Team Bertocchi ZXR750R-K SBK Racer.
Sacha's ZXR800R Racer Detailed specs and plenty of pictures of Sacha's 150bhp track weapon!
Jarno's ZXR750R-M Detailed specs of Jarno's kitted out ZXR750R-M racer
- Pekka's 130+ bhp ZXR750J/K 91/92 ZXR750s have a lovely chassis and great looks. The K model engine is very raw and exciting, but how would you like another 20+ bhp? Pekka from Finland tells us how.
- Skydork's (aka Jeff) ZX7/9R Many ZX7R owners think about putting a ZX9R engine into the ZX7R chassis, but most are scared by the complexiy of the task and don't know where to start. Jeff kindly put together an extremely detailed guide (with step by step pictures) on how he did it! Read on.
- Sigvart's ZX7/950R With his conversion Sigvart moves the game on. He put a bigbored ZX9R engine into his ZX7R and tuned it. The result was an impressive 145.5bhp at the rear wheel. But why stop there? So In Phase 2 he tuned it further still.
Mental? ......Oh yes!!!!!!!!!! TAKE A LOOK AT THIS.
- Sigvart's ZXR950R Racer!!! This is the new home of Siggi's Tuned 950 engine. The frame is a '91 ZXR750RK one (ZX7R in the US). It is a stunning piece of work. I want this bike!!!
- Pete Pham's ZX7/9R There's much more to this '93 ZXR-L than a 900 engine. Single sided swingarm, later forks, brakes are only some of the mods....Read on!
- 750/900 Conversion Guide for '91 to '95 ZXR750s This conversion guide is based on Pete Pham's guide, though a number of people have also contributed with information and pictures. Thanks to all.
- Eddy's ZXR750L Eddy's ZXR750L with a full race spec M model engine.
- Chris Law's ZX860RR A BSB ZX7RR frame, bored and stroked motor and tons of trick bits. A fantastic bike!
- Marcus' (aka kwikkwak) road and race bikes A ZX7/9R for the road and an endurance ZX7RR racer for the track!
- Bill Low's ZXR791. A big bored L model ZXR with a P model Front end (both forks and brakes) and many other mods. Full details of the fork conversion.
- Andy Butler's ZX793RR. A ZX7RR with ZX7R engine and front end, stroked to 793cc for a tasty 128bhp at the rear wheel (Stringer conversion).
- Kevin's "Stringer" ZX8R (Web Link) Kevin's ZX7R has undergone the Ray Stringer treatment (793cc ZX7R conversion and more) which is a much talked about set of modifications. On his site he gives plenty of info and pics on the mods.
- Kwakerjacks - ZXR750L/9R conversion (Web Link) Thomas has modified his ZXR750L and fitted a ZX9R engine. on his website he describes in detail the conversion process