WHAT GLASS CEILING?
- This source of
feministic hate -
- Is it of frosted,
clear or plate?
- And for all those
who work below,
- Is looking up a
- I sought it here,
I sought it there.
- I sought that
- Yet never once
twixt earth and sky
- Th'alleged barrier
did I spy.
- So afterwards I
thought it wise
- To look through
other people's eyes.
- Amongst my friends
I did enquire
- To see if it had
roused their ire.
- The inspector of
police did posit
- That she had never come across it.
- A fire-fightress
known to me
- Said she was quite glass ceiling free.
- Executrixes far
- Had never once
- In fact all those who'd found
- Knew of the
ceiling less and less.
- The object of this
- Must parallel the
- A myth of literary
- With this glass
ceiling just the same.
- It is the
- Of every failing,
thick, dumb belle;
- Of all who fail to
climb the tree
- Because of being
n... b... g...
- Only a 'fact' to
- To whom life is a
- So let us all with
- Just bury 'it'
- Consigned, for all
to plainly see,
- To legendary
- David Hughes
IF. . .
- IF you can keep your head when, with
- The feminazi fiends are blaming
- For everything from crime to
- And half the sinning they
themselves do, too; *
- If you can bear to watch our
- Twisted by judges full of
- With attitudes to men born out
- While letting murderesses walk
- IF you can talk with media folk
- And have your words all twisted
by their cant,
- Refusing you reply to those who
- But yet allowing feminists to
- If you can watch the wimps and
'new' men clutter
- The TV channels with misandric
- And never heed a word of what
- But let them melt away like
- IF you can undertake your
- With promises sincere to God
- Only to lose your kids and
house and money
- To a divorcing wife who could
- If you can find a true,
- And start again with one who's
love is true,
- And know that marriage must
have something in it
- For future generations and for
- IF you can see inventions of the
- All made by men to ease
- The art, the science, writings
of the sages,
- All written off by feministic
- If you can fight for family
- Whilst being blamed for every
crime that's done,
- Yours is the earth and
everything that's in it,
- And obviously you are a MAN my
- David Hughes
- (With apologies to
- ( * e.g. domestic
violence, sexual abuse of children, drug
The Important Career
- Today I left some dishes dirty,
- The bed got made around two-thirty.
- The nappies soaked a little longer,
- The odour grew a little stronger.
- The crumbs I spilled the day before
- Were staring at me from the floor.
- The dirty streaks on window panes
- Will still be there next time it rains.
- 'For shame, o lazy one!' you say,
- And 'Just what have you done all day?'
- I nursed a baby while he slept,
- I held a toddler while he wept,
- I played a game of hide-and-seek,
- I squeezed a toy so it would squeak,
- I pushed a swing, I sang a song,
- I taught a child what's right and wrong.
- What did I do this whole day through?
- Not much that shows - I guess that's true,
- Unless you think that what I've done
- Might be important to someone
- With bright blue eyes and soft blonde hair.
- If that is true, I've done my share.
(Written by a young New Zealand
Back to Home