Club members meet up at a variety of times and locations: -
- Wednesday evenings during the winter at the Vorda Playgroup (opposite Co-Op). The main group meets at 19:00 and there is also a 18:00 group for anyone new to running or who wants to ease back into it after a lay-off.
- During the summer we meet up at a series of local pubs for evening runs in the local countryside followed by a well earned drink and chat afterwards.
- We are currently offering Monday evening track
sessions at the athletics track behind the County Ground in Swindon
to help members develop speed and fitness.
- Individual groups get together on Saturday mornings either for social runs or perhaps to train for specific events such as half and full marathons.
- HRC enter a team into the local cross country league and there are always fellow members running in local races.
We run an annual competition open to all club
members known as “The Club Series”. Races take place
at regular intervals throughout the year with prizes for each race
and overall winners at the end of the year. Each race is handicapped
so that everyone has an equal chance of winning – you don’t
have to be the fastest runner to win, just improve on your handicap
Full details of coming events and meetings are regularly updated on this site.
In additional to the regular club events, we also organise a number of races open to runners and members of local clubs: -
- Highworth Half Marathon. Invitational only event held in January
- Highworth 5 Mile. A very popular race in April from Warneford school around the Fresden loop.
- Wickstead Wander. A popular event returns each November incorporating a cross country run from Warneford School to Wickstead Farm taking in some interesting equestrian challenges!