|Some Applications of Rogowski Coils
|One of the best
ways to appreciate the versatility of Rogowski coil transducers is to consider
the very wide range of applications that they have been used for.
Power Applications: Rotating
- Measuring starting transients of electric motors.
- Split-phase current measurements in generators.
- Sudden short circuit testing.
- Protection system for slip-ring induction motors.
- Measuring the currents flowing in the framework of a
Applications: Static Plant
- Fault testing uninterruptable power supplies.
- Energy management measurements.
- Precision calibration of current transformers.
- Monitoring the ripple in battery chargers.
- Measuring currents in rectifier systems.
- Measuring power including low power-factor situations.
- Monitoring current transformer secondaries.
Power Applications: Transmission
- Tracing earth faults in large and complicated conductor
- Current sharing in parallel conductors.
- Measuring induced currents in the steelwork around a
- Measuring currents to earth in a transmission
- High-current testing of switchgear and fuses.
- Protection systems.
- Measuring leakage currents down insulators.
- Measurements with lightning test equipment.
- Weld current measurements.
- Measuring the current in electromagnetic launchers (rail
- Monitoring the current in railway lines to check the
- Monitoring the traction current to ensure that the power
systems in the locomotive do not produce frequencies that could interfere with
the railway signalling.
Principle] [Rigid Coils] [Flexible Coils]
[Radiofrequency Coils] [Integrators] [Product