These enhanced computer generated images were created by the author from original early albumen
paper photographs. They are some of the earliest photographs ever taken of Rickmansworth and the buildings in the
surrounding district. Click image to view in greater detail. Higher resolution copies are available on request.
The photographs were originally taken in 1870 by Henri Victor Lemenager of Bushey, except for the photograph of
Chalfont House, which was taken by Jabez Croft of Rickmansworth around the same time.
There are two photographs of Rickmansworth, taken from Solomon's Hill, before the arrival of the railway at this
location; each taken from slightly different vantage points and about an hour apart. From the locality are photographs
of Glen-Chess Loudwater, the Grove and Cassiobury Park, Watford, Moor Park, Harefield Church, Chalfont House at
Chalfont St.Peter, Jordan's Meeting House and Chenies' Mausoleum. All these buildings still exist except for Cassiobury.