Practical Internal Alchemy
Educational Talks in Nutrition
- Naturopathic history and theory
- Naturopathic techniques
- Fats and Oils
- Dairy Products
- Acid and Alkaline Forming Foods
- Food Fermentation
- Probiotic Microbes
- The research of Weston Price (Traditional diets)
- Biological Transmutation
- Dentisity and Mercury
Nutrition in Body Electronics
Please note that I do not automatically take people for nutritional therapy. I find that most people are sorely in need of basic nutrition education and so I offer educational talks as stated above. Once someone has the basics and is applying them I would consider seeing someone for individual nutritional therapy. This is still not a matter of course, I would assess each situation intuitively. I find a lot of therpists are only asking whether they can, and not whether they should for each person that contacts them. I am not such a therapist.
It is important to me to see that people are prepared to take enough responsibility for their own health. If someone is not, then quite simply I will not see them as a client.
Nutritional Therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health and peak performance. Nutritional Therapy can identify potential nutritional imbalances and how these contribute to symptoms. This approach allows the nutritional therapist to work with people on many levels by addressing nutritional imbalances and supporting the body towards maintaining health.
Nutritional Therapists recognise that each person is an individual with unique requirements and take time to define a personalised nutrition plan rather than a "one size fits all" approach.
In a session you could expect:
- Detailed analysis of your dietary and nutritional intake.
- Detailed health and family case history.
- A strategy for health linking the symptoms to nutritional imbalances and providing support and encouragement to change diet and lifestyle.
- Action Plan - personalised advice for diet and lifestyle changes.
- Supplement Programme - details of any recommended nutritional supplements.
Sessions would be either for:
- creating an optimal diet (1 hour) for people simply wanting to check that they are on the right track with regard to healthy eating.
- help with symptoms (usually 2 hours). Iridology may be requested prior to these sessions which could add extra time to the consultation.
Member of BANT - British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy