Family of Charles La Croix dit Durel & Judith Chiasson
Charles La Croix dit Durel was born in Coutances, France, and died Bef. 1748 in Acadia.
Wife Judith Chiasson was born Abt. 1711 in Acadia, and died Abt. 13 December 1758 in the shipwreck of the Violet on the way to France. They were married 12 September 1730 at St. Pierre du Nord, Ile St. Jean.
Their children were:
1- Marguerite Marie Durel b: 13 September 1731 St. Pierre du Nord, Ile St. Jean (baptism: 7 January 1732 St. Pierre du Nord with her twin); d: Aft. 1771 St. James, Cabanocey, LA
+Joseph Prejean b: 26 September 1731 Port Royal, Acadia (baptism: 26 September 1731 Port Royal); m: Abt. 1758 Chipoudy, Acadia; d: Aft. 1771 St. James, LA
2- Marie Elizabeth Durel b: 13 September 1731 St. Pierre du Nord, Ile St. Jean (baptism: 17 January 1732 St. Pierre du Nord with her twin); d: Aft. 1752
3- Anne Marie Durel dit Lacroix b: 12 January 1734 St. Pierre du Nord, Ile St. Jean (baptism: 31 January 1734 St. Pierre du Nord); d: 1797 Lafourche, LA
+Charles Pinet b: Abt. 1732 Beaubassin, Acadia; m: 30 April 1753 St. Pierre du Nord, Ile St. Jean; d: Abt. 1786 Lafourche, LA
Notes for Anne Marie Durel dit Lacroix:
- 24 October 1775 (1st convoy to Nantes): Charles Pinel 46 seaman, Anne Durel 39 dressmaker & men’s clothing, children Louis 12, Martin 8 months, Jeanne Charlotte 15, Marie Modeste 10, Marguerite 9, Marie Madeleine 4
- 1785 L’Amitie: Charles Pinet 54 plowman, Anne Durel 50, Marie Madeleine 14, Louis 22 sailor.
- 1788 Lafourche census: Anne Durel (widow Pinel) 58, Magdeleinne 17.
- 1791 Lafourche census: Jean Baptiste Trahan 27, wife Madelaine Pinet 20, mother-in-law Marie Pinet 60.
- 1795 Lafourche census: Juan Bautista Trahan 33, wife Magdalena Pinel 24, Ana Durel 63, Juan Maria 18
- 1797 Lafourche census: Jean Baptiste Trahan 36, wife Margueritte Pinet 25, brother Jean Marie 19, mother Anne Durel 66.
4- Judith Durel b: 16 August 1736 St. Pierre du Nord, Ile St. Jean (baptism: 26 August 1736 St. Pierre du Nord)
+Jean Daigle b: Abt. 1735; m: Abt. 1758 Chipoudy, Acadia
5- Charles Durel b: 24 February 1739 St. Pierre du Nord, Ile St. Jean (baptism: 24 February 1739 St. Pierre du Nord); d: Aft. 1752
6- Charlotte Anne Durel b: 7 November 1741 Ile St. Jean (baptism: 7 November 1741 St. Pierre du Nord); d: Bef. 1752
7- Marie Anne Durel b: Abt. 1744; d: Aft. 1752
Notes for Judith Chiasson:
- Second husband Pierre Le Prieur b: Abt. 1725 St. Pierre, Ile St. Jean; m: 13 September 1748 Beaubassin, Acadia; d: Aft. 1757
- 1752 Census, Ile St. Jean, Havre La Fortune: Pierre La Prieur, ploughman, native of St. Pierre in the north part of the island, aged 27 years. Married to Judict Chiassion, widow of the late Charles Lacroix dit Durel, native of l'Acadie, aged 39 years. She has six children by her first marriage and two by the second, namely, two sons and six daughters: Charles Lacroix, aged 13 years; Pierre La Prieur, aged 4 years; Marie Lacroix, [no age given]; Margueritte Lacroix, aged 21 years; Anne, aged 18 years; Judict, aged 16 years; Marie Anne, aged 7 years; Marie Le Prieur, aged 2 years. In stock they have three oxen, two cows, and one heifer. The land on which they are settled is situated to the south-west of that of Joseph Le Prieur, his brother. They have made a clearing where they were only able to sow six bushels of wheat, having no more. Their land is sufficiently large to sow eighteen bushels of seed.