Louis Assailly was born 5 September 1686 at St. Andre, Niort, France, and died Bef. 1743.
Wife Marie Therese Brette was born Abt. 1705 at Notre Dame, La Rochelle, France, and died Bef. April 1752. They were married 1 May 1724 at Mobile, AL (Louisiana Territory).
Their children were:
1- Joseph Claude Assayer b: 1 August 1726 Mobile, AL (Louisiana Territory)
2- Marie Therese Assayer b: Abt. 6 July 1728; d: 2 January 1778 St. James, LA
+Louis Joseph Rouillard dit St. Cyr b: 10 May 1707 Batiscan, Quebec; m: 26 April 1752 St. Francis, Pointe Coupee, LA [Jacques Rouillard/Genevieve Trottain dit St. Surain]; d: Bef. February 1775 Edgard, St. John, LA
*2nd Husband of Marie Therese Assayer:
+Jean Baptiste Curot b: Abt. 1727; m: Bef. February 1775
3- boy Assailly b: 11 February 1730
4- Anne Assailly b: 3 April 1732
+Nicolas Carco b: Abt. 1729; m: Abt. 1749
5- Jean Bonaventure Assailly b: 20 October 1734 Mobile, AL (Louisiana Territory); d: 24 August 1771 Pointe Coupee, LA
+Marie Anne Victoire Richelieu b: Chateau Doleron, France; m: 9 September 1766 St. Francis, Pointe Coupee, LA; d: Aft. 1772
6- Marie Isabelle Assailly b: 12 January 1737 Mobile, AL (Louisiana Territory); d: 31 May 1787 Edgard, St. John, LA
+Jean Pierre Cuvillier b: Abt. 1727 Avoyelles, LA; m: 26 April 1752 St. Francis, Pointe Coupee, LA [Gaspar Francois/Catherine St. Paul]; d: Abt. 7 July 1783 Edgard, St. John, LA
Notes for Louis Assailly:
- 21 March 1719: Listed on the St. Louis bound for Louisiana from La Rochelle: among 'deserters & others exiled by
order of the court: Tranchemontagne (from Perigord), age 30.
- 10 August 1720, on the Elephant bound for Louisiana: troops include Tranche Montagne
- The name 'Tranchemontagne' was known among soldiers coming to Louisiana and Mobile in the early
years, [Conrad, First Families of Louisiana, Vol. I, p. 95], but nothing
conclusive to tie this name to Louis ASSAILLY.
- Joseph Assailly was a prominent merchant in New Orleans in the c1730-1740. Joseph's wife in 1740 was named Jeanne Creuze, and he had a sister named Amriette Assailly. It is possible that Louis, Joseph and Amriette are siblings.
- Abstracts of the Civil Records of St. John the Baptist Parish [Glenn Conrad] in Saint Jean Baptiste des Allemands: Has Marie Therese Assayer married to both Joseph St. Cyr dit Rouillard and to Pierre Cuvillier. But the sacramental records show 2 marriages: Marie Layeux Mayeux to Pierre Ducoder; and Marie Therese Layeux Mayeux to Joseph Ruillard, held on the same day, 26th April 1752. The confusion stems from the names of these two sisters who were married on the same day, e.g Pierre Ducoder is probably Pierre Cuvillier.
Parents of Louis Assailly - unknown