Family of Jean Pierre Francois Clerot & Anna Maria Schaaf
Jean Pierre Francois Clerot was born Abt. 1690 at Elmain (Ile-aux-Maines), Vannes, Brittany, and died 20 March 1743 at St. Charles, LA. Burial was 20 March 1743 at St. Charles, LA.
First wife Maturine Marchand was born Abt. 1693 at Le Nef Vannes, St. Paler, Vannes, Brittany, France, and died 9 June 1725 in Louisiana. They were married Abt. 1719 in France.
Their child was:
1- Jeanne Marie Clerot b: Abt. 1720 Louisiana; d: 4 January 1725 Louisiana
Second wife Anna Maria Schaaf was baptized 12 April 1714 at Schoenenbourg, Bas-Rhin, France, and died Bef. 1765 in Louisiana. They were married Abt. 1730 in Louisiana.
Their children were:
1- Marguerite Catherine Elisabeth Clerot b: Abt. 1732 St. Charles, LA; d: 19 July 1782 Edgard, St. John, LA
+Antoine Louis Delatte b: Abt. 3 June 1730 St. Charles, German Coast, m: 27 February 1753 St. Charles, German Coast, LA; d: 29 September 1810 Edgard, St. John, LA; burial: 30 September 1810 St. John
2- Anne Nanette Claudine Clerot b: Abt. 1734 St. Charles, LA; d: Abt. 5 January 1773 St. Charles, LA
+Mathias Guisod b: Abt. 1729; m: Abt. 1750 St. Charles, LA; d: 13 July 1752 St. Charles, LA
*2nd Husband of Anne Nanette Claudine Clerot:
+Jean Adam Edelmeier b: Abt. 1716;m: 17 October 1752 St. Charles, German Coast, LA; d: Abt. 22 March 1777 St. Charles, LA
Notes for Anne Nanette Claudine Clerot:
- 5 January 1773 (St. Charles): Jean Edelmeyer had an inventory taken of the community property.
- 14 January 1773: Partition of the succession of the late Nanette Claudine Claireau, wife of Jean Aidelmayre:
- 22 March 1777 (St. Charles): Partition of the succession of Jean Edelmeyer
3- Nicolas Francois Clerot b: 3 October 1739 St. Charles, LA (baptism: 3 October 1739 St. Charles, LA); d: 8 October 1779 Edgard, St. John, LA; burial: 8 October 1779 St. John Baptist, Edgard, LA
+Marie Marguerite Delatte b: Abt. 31 July 1744 New Orleans, LA (baptism: 31 July 1744 St. Louis Cath., New Orleans, LA); m: 8 October 1765 St. Francis, Pointe Coupee, LA; d: 10 August 1788 Edgard, St. John, LA; burial: 12 August 1788 St. John Baptist, Edgard, LA
Notes for Nicolas Francois Clerot:
- 17 January 1770 (Second Company of the Militia of the German Coast): Francois Clereut 31 married.
- 1784 census German Coast: Margueritte Clero widow – males 2 <13, females 2 <13, 1 (13-49)
4- Jeanne Marguerite Clerot b: Abt. 24 December 1741 Edgard, St. John, LA (baptism: 24 December 1741 St. John, Edgard, LA); d: 4 September 1823 Thibodaux, Lafourche, LA
+Mathurin LeGau b: Abt. 1734; m: 30 April 1754 St. John, LA; d: Abt. 1758 St. John, LA
*2nd Husband of Jeanne Marguerite Clerot:
+Joseph Bonbardier b: Abt. 1739; m: Abt. 1759 St. John, LA; d: Bef. 1775
*3rd Husband of Jeanne Marguerite Clerot:
+Pierre San Souci b: Abt. 1740; m: 14 November 1775 Edgard, St. John, LA; d: Aft. 1802
Notes for Jeanne Marguerite Clerot:
- 9 August 1776 (St. John): Pierre Sansoucy & wife Marguerite Clairote declared that she had been married 3 times and has 2 children by her first husband Marguerite & Mathurin LeGau), and 3 by her second (Jacques, Christophe & Joseph Bonbardier); and that she has no property except a 6 arpent farm belonging to her second husband Joseph Bonbardier. Their petition was granted to sell the farm and divide the proceeds among Marguerite and her 5 children.
- 1784 census German Coast: Pierre Sans-Soucy, wife Marguerite Clero – males 2 <13, 2 (13-49), females 1 <13, 1 (13-49)
- 27 January 1792: PierreSansoucy sold a 3 arpent piece of land for 850 piastres.
Notes for Jean Pierre Francois Clerot:
- 13 August 1720: Pierre Clereau (Founder) arrived on the Gironde from Lorient for the concessions of MM. Mezierest Desmarches, with wife Mathurine Marchand and her sister Perinne Marchand.
- 1 July 1727 census: On St. Ann St., N.O., Founder.
- 1731 census: With wife and 2 Negroes.
- Landowners after 1731: 7 arpents by possession, west bank of Miss. R. ascending.
Notes for Anna Maria Schaaf:
- Second husband Antoine Francois Steigre was born (unknown), and died (unknown). They were married 23 July 1743 at St. Charles, German Coast, LA.
Parents of Jean Pierre Francois Clerot - unknown