Gaspar Francois Cuvillier was born unknown and died Bef. 1757 in Louisiana.
Wife Catherine St. Paul was born Abt. 1694 in Paris, France, and died Abt. 1754 at Pointe Coupee, LA. They were married Bef. 1727.
Their children were:
1- Jean Pierre Cuvillier b: Abt. 1727 Avoyelles, LA; d: Abt. 7 July 1783 Edgard, St. John, LA
+Marie Isabelle Assailly b: 12 January 1737 Mobile, AL (Louisiana Territory); m: 26 April 1752 St. Francis, Pointe Coupee, LA [Louis/Marie Therese Brette]; d: 31 May 1787 Edgard, St. John, LA
2- Jacques Baltazar Cuvillier b: Abt. 1730 Louisiana; d: 29 October 1805 Edgard, St. John, LA
+Marguerite Simon m: 19 March 1757 St. Francis, Pointe Coupee, LA
Notes for Gaspar Francois Cuvillier:
- 11 August 1720: Jean Cuvillier from Paris (brewer) arrived on
La Seine from Lorient as a worker for the Dancenis concession.
- 1 May 1722 Census of Natchitoches: Champignole (sargeant), 1 Negro slave; he is a discharged soldier who has become a farmer.
- 1731 Census of farms & concessions along Miss. R.: at Oumas: Champignols, married, 2 children, 2 Negroes
- The After 1731 List of Landowners along Miss. R. east side ascending: Champigneul, 6 arpents by grant
- Abstracts of the Civil Records of St. John the Baptist Parish [Glenn Conrad], in Saint Jean Baptiste des Allemands: Has Marie Therese Assayer married to both Joseph St. Cyr dit Rouillard and to Pierre Cuvillier. But the sacramental records show 2 marriages, of Marie Layeux Mayeux to Pierre Ducoder; and of Marie Therese Layeux Mayeux to Joseph Ruillard, held on the same day, 26th April 1752. The confusion stems from the names of these two sisters who were married on the same day. That Ducoder seems to be Cuvillier is supported by the name of his mother, Catherine St. Paul. The 1745 Pointe Coupee Parish Census lists the widow Catherine St. Paul living with her son, Balthazar Cuvilier. Pierre Cuvilier is also listed living with the family of Pierre Germain.
Parents of Gaspar Francois Cuvillier - unknown
Parents of Catherine St. Paul - unknown