Gabriel (dit Pierre) Chiasson was born Abt. 1667 in Acadia, and died 10 April 1741 at Beaubassin, Acadia. Burial was 11 April 1741 at Beaubassin.
Wife Marie Savoie was born Abt. May 1670 at Port Royal, Acadia, and died Bef. 1714 in Acadia. They were married Abt. 1688 at Port Royal, Acadia.
Their children were:
1- Michel Chiasson b: Abt. 1689 Acadia
2- Pierre Chiasson b: Abt. 1691 Acadia; d: Bef. 1700 Acadia
3- Jean Baptiste Chiasson b: Abt. 1693 Acadia; d: 12 February 1758 St. Pierre du Nord, Ile St. Jean; burial: 13 February 1758 Ile St. Jean
+Madeleine Boudrot b: Abt. 1698 Beaubassin, Acadia; m: 13 February 1714 Beaubassin, Acadia; d: 16 August 1721 Beaubassin, Acadia; burial: 10 August 1721 Beaubassin
*2nd Wife of Jean Baptiste Chiasson:
+Marie Pitre b: 31 March 1705 Port Royal, Acadia (baptism: 1 April 1705 Port Royal); m: 28 May 1722 Port Royal, Acadia; d: 24 August 1757 St. Pierre du Nord, Ile St. Jean; burial: 25 August 1757 Ile St. Jean
4- Marie Josephe Chiasson b: Abt. 1694 Acadia; d: 1758 at sea during crossing to France
+Jacques Quimine b: Abt. 1692 Pannemart, Nantes, France; m: 7 February 1715 Beaubassin, Acadia; d: 1758 at sea during crossing to France
Notes for Marie Josephe Chiasson:
- 1752 Ile St. Jean census: Jacques Quimine, fisherman and ploughman, native of France, in feeble health, aged 60 years. Married to Marie Chiasson, native of l'Acadie, aged 58 years, they have been in the country ten years. They have four children, one son and three daughters: Pierre Quimine, aged 26 years; Judith, aged 20 years; Francoise, aged 18 years; Marguerite, aged 14 years. Their live stock is as follows: four oxen, four cows, two calves, three heifers, four wethers, eight pigs, eight geese, and eighteen fowls or chickens. The land upon which they are settled is situated to the east of the pond of Saint-Pierre, and was granted to them by Messieurs de Pensens and Dubuisson. On it they have sown nine bushels of wheat and four bushels of peas, and there remains a piece of fallow land sufficient for the sowing of sixteen bushels. The said grant has been homolgated by Messieurs de Brouilland and Le Normant.
5- Francois Chiasson b: Abt. 1697 Acadia; d: 14 February 1759 St. Servan, Bretagne, France
+Anne Doucet b: 26 August 1703 Port Royal, Acadia (baptism: 9 September 1703 St. Jean Baptiste, Port Royal); m: 3 November 1722 Port Royal, Acadia; d: 1758 at sea during the crossing to France
Notes for Francois Chiasson:
- 1752 census Ile St. Jean: Francois Chiasson, ploughman, native of l'Acadie, aged 60 years, he has been 25 years in the country. Married to Anne Dousset, native of l'Acadie, aged 48 years. They have seven children, five sons and two daughters: Jean Chiasson, aged 25 years; Francois, aged 22 years; Joseph, aged 19 years; Louis, aged 13 years; Cristome, aged 3 years; Anne, aged 16 years; Marie, aged 12 years. They have in live stock six oxen, six cows, one bull, two heifers, five calves, twenty wethers, twelve pigs, and twenty fowls or chickens. The land upon which they are settled is situated on the west side of the harbour aux Sauvages, and was granted to them by Messieurs de Pensens and Dubuisson. They have made a clearing on it for the sowing of sixty-eight bushels, and have sown twenty-four bushels of wheat.
- 23 January 1759: Francois Chiasson, widower, and sons Chrisostome & Louis disembarked at St. Malo from one of the ‘Five Ships’.
6- Pierre Chiasson b: Abt. 1701 Acadia; d: 18 July 1712 Grand Pre, Acadia
7- Abraham Chiasson b: Abt. 1703 Acadia; d: Bef. 12 August 1763
+Marie Poirier b: Abt. 1709 Beaubassin, Acadia; m: Abt. 1724 Beaubassin, Acadia
8- Francoise Chiasson b: Abt. 1705 Acadia; d: Bef. 24 October 1769
+Guillaume Gallet b: St. Meloise, Brittany; m: 7 February 1722 Beaubassin, Acadia; d: Abt. 1741
*2nd Husband of Francoise Chiasson:
+Guillaume Patry b: Abt. 1714 St. Brieux; m: 4 October 1741 St. Pierre du Nord, Ile St. Jean; d: Aft. 1768
Notes for Francoise Chiasson:
- 1752 Ile St Jean census: Guillaume Patris, fisherman and ploughman, native of Saint Brieux, aged 38 years, he has been in the country 20 years. Married to Francoise Chiasson, widow of the late Guillaume Gallet, native of l'Acadie, aged 46 years. They have six children, four sons and two daughters: Guillaume Gallet, aged 22 years, Francois Gallet, aged 12 years, George Patris, aged 8 years, Paul, aged 5 years, Francois, aged 15 years, Angelique, aged 7 years. They have in live stock: two oxen, two cows, one calf, six wethers, one pig, two geese, and eight turkeys. The land on which they are settled was granted to them in form by Messieurs Aubert and Dubuisson in 1723, but they cannot produce the deed, it having been burnt in the fire of 1724. They have made a clearing, where they have sown three bushels of wheat, and they have fallow land besided for the sowing of thirty-seven bushels.
- 23 January 1759: Guillaume Patry, wife Francoise Chiasson and children Georges, Paul & Angelique disembarked at St. Malo from one of the ‘Five Ships’. They lived at LaGouesniere 1759-1761, and St. Servan 1761-1765.
- 9 March 1765: Family left France on the ship Le Duc de Choiseul to live at Miquelon.
- 1 March 1768: Family returned to St. Malo from La Rochelle. They settled in St. Malo 1768-1772.
9- Anne Chiasson b: Abt. 1708 Beaubassin, Acadia; d: 10 November 1772 L'Assomption, Quebec
+Michel Dufaut b: Abt. 1708; m: 4 February 1732 St Pierre du Nord, Ile St. Jean; d: Aft. 1743
Notes for Anne Chiasson:
- 17 May 1743: Deed of sale for land on Ile St. Jean: Michel Dufaut sold to Claude Chatel for 35 livres.
10- Marguerite Chiasson b: Abt. 1710 Acadia; d: 22 January 1780 St. Thomas, Montmagny, Quebec
+Rene Pierre Daguet b: Abt. 1708; m: Abt. 1729 Acadia
11- Judith Chiasson b: Abt. 1711 Acadia; d: Abt. 13 December 1758 in the shipwreck of Violet on way to France
+Charles La Croix dit Durel b: Coutances, France; m: 12 September 1730 St. Pierre du Nord, Ile St. Jean; d: Bet. 1741 - 1747 Acadia
*2nd Husband of Judith Chiasson:
+Pierre Le Prieur b: Abt. 1725 St. Pierre, Ile St. Jean; m: 13 September 1748 Beaubassin, Acadia; d: Aft. 1757
Notes for Gabriel (dit Pierre) Chiasson:
- 1693 Port Royal: Gabriel Chiason 26, Marie Savoye 25, Michel 4, Pierre 2, 4 cattle, 6 sheep, 3 hogs, 3 arpents, 1 gun.
- 1700 Beaubassin: Gabriel Chiasson 40, Marie Savoye 33, Michel 14, Jean 8, Marie 6, Francois 3; 3 cattle, 1 hog, 3 arpents, 1 gun.
- 1701 Port Royal: Gabriel Chiasson, wife, 3 boys, 1 girl; 3 cattle, 1 gun.
- 1714 Port Royal: Gabriel Chiasson (widower), Marie-Joseph, Francois, Abraham, Francoise, Margueritte, Judith.