Family of George Flory &
George Flory was born 10 July 1814 in Witnesham, Woodbridge, Suffolk and died 1 December 1853 at St. Peters Street, St. Matthew, Ipswich, Suffolk.
Wife Caroline Cole was born abt. 29 August 1810 at St. Matthew, Ipswich, Suffolk, and died 3 December 1857 at St. Peters Street, St. Matthew, Ipswich, Suffolk. They were married 15 October 1835 at St. Matthew, Ipswich, Suffolk.
Their children were:
1- George Flory b: Abt. 29 November 1837 Witnesham, Woodbridge, Suffolk; d: 1853 Ipswich, Suffolk
2- Thomas Flory b: 5 January 1840 St. Peter's, Ipswich, Suffolk; d: 26 December 1848 St. Peter's, Ipswich, Suffolk
3- Caroline Flory b: 11 July 1841 Witnesham, Woodbridge, Suffolk; d: 27 October 1909 Camberwell, London
+Nicholas Frederick Clabby b: Abt. 1830 Ireland; m: 8 January 1863 Parish Church, St. Nicholas, Ipswich, Suffolk; d: 17 October 1891 Walworth, London
4- Ellen Flory b: 1842 Ipswich, Suffolk; d: Aft. 1851
5- Robert Smyth Flory b: 1843 Ipswich, Suffolk; d: 1877 Isle of Wight, Hampshire
+Amelia Augusta ----
Notes for Robert Flory:
- National Probate Calendar: 25 October (1877). The will of Robert Flory formerly of the Circus Minories in the Parish of Aldgate in the County of Middlesex afterwards of White-Knight-villas South Reading in the County of Berks but late of Ventnor in the Isle of Wight in the County of Southampton. Master Mariner who died 15 May 1877 at Ventnor was proved at the Principal Registry by Amelia Augusta Flory of 567 Commercial road in the County of Middlesex widow the relict the sole Executrix. Effects under £300.
6- Ann Maria Flory b: 1845 Ipswich, Suffolk
+Christopher Jeffrey m: 1866 Ipswich, Suffolk
7- Emma Flory b: 1846 Ipswich, Suffolk; d: Aft. 1881
+William Cattermole b: Abt. 1841; m: 1866 Ipswich, Suffolk; d: Aft. 1881
8- Thomas Smith Flory b: 1848 Ipswich, Suffolk
+Sarah A. Wyatt m: 1866 Ipswich, Suffolk
9- Richard Flory b: Abt. 17 April 1850 St. Peter's, Ipswich, Suffolk; d: 8 July 1850 St. Peter's, Ipswich, Suffolk
10- Richard Flory b: 1852 (bap. 15 December 1853) St. Peter's, Ipswich, Suffolk; d: 23 December 1853 St. Peter's, Ipswich, Suffolk
Notes for George Flory:
- 1841 census (Suffolk, Carlford RD, Witnesham - west of Turnpike Road leading from Ipswich to Ashbocking Toll Gate): George Flory 25 farmer, wife Caroline 25, George 3, Thomas 1, Eliza Strange 20 servant, Sarah Page 20 servant, Rachel Strange 10 servant, John Sherman 15 servant, John Ship 15 servant. (all born Suffolk)
- 1851 census (Suffolk, St. Peter, Ipswich):
George Flory 37 (b. Ipswich), Caroline Flory 39 (b. Ipswich), George 13 (b.
Witnesham), Caroline 9 (b. Witnesham), Ellen 8 (b. Ipswich), Robert 7 (b.
Ipswich), Ann M. 5 (b. Ipswich), Emma 4 (b. Ipswich), Thomas S. 2 (b. Ipswich).
- Death Certificate: 1st December 1853, St. Peters Street, Ipswich, George Flory, male, 40 years, Wine Merchant, pulmonary disease of the lungs (certified), informant's name & residence: X the mark of Sarah Bidden, present at the death, St. Helen Ipswich. St. Matthew SD, Ipswich, Suffolk.
- Will: George Flory made a will on 5 July 1853, which was proved at Ipswich on 1 June 1854. Effects sworn under £4000. Executors were wife Caroline and brother Thomas Smith Flory. Resworn at the Stamp Office April 1871 under £6000.
- Death Certificate: Third December 1857, St. Peters Street Ipswich, Caroline Flory, female, 47 years, Widow of George Flory Wine Merchant, Hydrothorax (certified), informant's name & residence: X the mark of Elizabeth Woods, present at the death, St. Matthew Ipswich. St. Matthew Ipswich SD, Ipswich, Suffolk.
- 1861 census:
(All Souls, St. Marylebone, Middlesex): Caroline Flory 19 (Ipswich) inpatient at Spinal Hosp.; John Slade administrator.
(Suffolk, Ipswich, St. Helen, school): Annie M. Flory 15 scholar & boarder
(Suffolk, Leiston): Thomas Flory 12 scholar (visitor
with family of William Heard)
Parents of Caroline Cole
Last updated: 3 February 2010