Family of Alfred Woolley &
Clemmon Elizabeth Harriott
Alfred Woolley was born 20 March 1840 at 17 Drummond Crescent, Somers Town, St. Pancras, Middlesex and died 9 February 1907 at Camberwell Infirmary, Camberwell, London.
Wife Clemmon Elizabeth Harriott was born c1842 in Lewes, Sussex and died Bet. 1871-1881 in Middlesex. They were married 21 May 1864 at St. John Parish Church, Lewes, Sussex.
Their children were:
1- Ellen Tilbury Mary Woolley b: 28 January 1866 Holborn, Middlesex; d: 28 April 1942 Berkhamstead, Hertfordshire.
+Frederick (Middleton) Roostan b: 14 April 1848 St. James, Westminster, Middlesex; m: 18 April 1892 Parish Church, St. Andrew, Middlesex; d: 23 May 1915 Camberwell, London
2- Annie Elizabeth 'Grace' Woolley b: 3 January 1868 Middlesex, London; d: Aft. 1871
3- Alfred Woolley b: 11 October 1871 42 Lower Rosoman Street, Clerkenwell, Holborn, Middlesex; d: 18 June 1917 Camberwell Infirmary, Camberwell, London
Notes for Alfred Woolley:
Death Certificate: 18 June 1917, Camberwell Infirmary: Alfred Woolley, male, 45 years, 265 Camberwell Road Stoker Generating Station L.C.C., cause of death: Carcinoma of liver, lungs, and mesenteric glands (certified by ------- ----------), informant M. Woolley widow of deceased, present at the death 265 Camberwell Road. [Camberwell North SD, Camberwell, London]
Notes for Alfred Woolley:
- 1871 census (Middlesex, Clerkenwell, Holborn, Goswell
Street, 42 Lower Rosoman Street): Alfred Woolley 32 (Mdsx) lithographic
printer, wife Clemine 28 (Lewes, Sussex), Ellen 5 (Mdsx), Grace 3 (Mdsx).
- 1881 census (Surrey, Newington, 14 Doctor Street): Widower Alfred Wooley 40 (Mdsx), lodger, printer, H. Wooley, son 9 (Mdsx) scholar; (looks like rooming house, 7 people there).
- 1881 census (Surrey, Lambeth, Brixton Road): Ellen Woolley 16, servant, unmarried (Holborn, MID); (looks like private house, 5 people there).
- 1891 census (14 Docker Lane, St. Peter Walworth, St. Mary Newington, London): Widower Alfred Woolley 53 printer (b. Clerkenwell, London).
- 1891 census (177 Kent Street - hotel - St. Dunstan in the West, London): Ellen Wooley 25 cook (Holborn, London)
- 1901 census (46 Vicarage Road, Camberwell, Camberwell, London: Frederick Roostan 52 (cellarman), wife Ellen 35, Florence 26 (dressmaker), Edith 24 (mothers help), Sidney 15 (errand boy), Gladys 12, Alfred 7, Harold 5, Frederick 3, Ernest 11 months; widower Alfred Woolley 62 (printer), boarder; widower Alfred Fenton 61, boarder; William Brown 25 (book salesman), boarder.
Administration: Be it
known that Alfred Woolley of 7 Station Terrace Camberwell in the county of
Surrey died on the 9th day of February 1907 at the Infirmary Havil Street
Camberwell aforesaid intestate a widower. And be it further known that at
the date hereunder written Letters of Administration of all the Estate which by
law devolves to and vests in the personal representative of the said intestate
were granted by His Majesty's High Court of Justice at the Principal Probate
Registry thereof to Alfred Woolley of 8 Carew Street Camberwell aforesaid
Engineer the natural and lawful son and one of the next of kin of the said
intestate. Dated the 25th day of February 1907. Gross value of
Estate: £1561=1=11. Net value of Personal Estate: £1553=11=11.
Last updated: 3 February 2010