Church of St Paul. This became a separate parish in 1846 and a church was built by Thomas Johnson of Lichfield. This was rebuilt in1891 in the decorated style but is very plain and chunky on the outside however.
There is much stained glass by Morris & co to the designs of Burne-Jones. This comprises the east window of the chancel and the north window1891. The south transept chapel window also in 1891. (The figures with darkly modelled faces.)
There are two more in the south transept of 1892 & 1896, two in the north aisle of 1892 & 1899.Finally there are two in the south aisle of 1901 and 1914.all with very striking figures.
This site is a work in progress. This page last updated 13th April 2000.
Please call back soon as it is being continually updated.
Back to the Main Page.