A very large black Belgian floor slab used in an upright position in the cloisters of the Cathedral Church of St Paul. This dates from 1653.
Of the heraldic depictions, the left one is the charge of arms for the family and the right one seems to portray a charge of arms for the member who was a cardinal? (note cardinal's hat above arms).
|Back to: Bits and Bobs from Around the World|
Any problems, please contact the Churchmouse Website webmaster.
This site is a work in progress.