Church of St. Andrew
In 1889 this was a small scattered village a mile and a half from a deep water channel in the Humber. The docks were built 1906 1910and enlarged in 1960. In 1970 oil jetties were built to import oil into the area for the refinery at North Killingholme. Now it is a small town of over 11500 people.
St Andrews church is a Norman Church which was much altered in the 13th century. There is a rare royal arms and the remains of a medieval cross in the church yard..
This site is a work in progress. This page last updated 13th April 2000.
Please call back soon as it is being continually updated.
Back to the Main Page.