Click for Lincolnshire map.
Brigg

Brigg, Lincolnshire

The Church of St. John the Evangelist.

 

A small market town near to the ancient crossing of the Ancholme but now consists of mainly C18th and C19th The church of St John the Evangelist is a rebuild of 1843 but contains a window by Francis Skeat. The rebuild was by W.A.Nicholson with later alterations by W.White in 1883. There are a few 17th and 18th century Pubs and Hotels.

 


This site is a work in progress. This page last updated 13th April 2000.

Please call back soon as it is being continually updated.


Back to the Main Page.