Getting to the Supra
MkIV Twin Turbo ECU.
!!!!! YOU MUST
DISCONNECT THE BATTERY FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING ANYTHING ONTO THE
I'm not responsible
for any damage caused if you don't do this
- The ECU is located under the passengers feet.
Sit in the passenger seat and where your feet rest,
directly underneath is the ECU for the engine and gearbox.
- Remove the plastic trim which runs from the right hand
side of the passenger door to the left hand side and down
into the footwell, the left hand kick panel.
You have one push in plastic locking thing in the
footwell area (where you left shin would be) and the rest
is just clipped in.
- Now remove the two carpet clips which are roughly in
front of where your left and right toes would be
You need to remove these before you can lift the carpet
Pull the carpet back and you'll see a black plastic cover.
It has two 10mm nuts at the bottom left and right which
need to be removed
- Now lift the plastic cover off. (You'll find the carpet a
right pain as it keeps trying to fold back into place)
- Move the Gearbox ECU out of the way (The one on the left),
it's just slotted in at the top, lift off from the left
hand 10mm bolt and pull down. Now just place this unit
onto the carpet to hold it down
- Next remove the plastic cover from the top larger ECU
connector (it covers the wiring going into the ECU and
needs to be removed to get at the wires).
Using a 10mm ratchet undo the connector and pull off.
- Also disconnect the bottom one as well.
Cut the plastic wire tape wrapping in order to free the
wiring loom up, careful not to cut into the loom.
Now you are ready to install the equipment required.
If you require assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright Temporal Reality