Now it is time for the satin black spray. As before, I used the first coat to show me any parts that needed sanding down some more. Here I needed to sand the filled in screw hole a bit more.
The stock is sprayed black and the fake screw heads have been glued in place on the shroud:
Any other parts were now glued & screwed together and sprayed with primer. Here you can see a hole where the grenade trigger goes:
I did a first coat of Tamiya's 'Olive Drab 2' spray on the shroud:
And added the magazine and the plastic parts to the magazine holder:
Time for another custom made piece - the digtal counter. I made a picture of the counter and printed it out, then cut out some red transparent plastic (from an old transformers toy - the plastic filter revealed some message on the box) and some clear plastic and inserted them into the counter area. I cut a groove round the inside edge of the counter window and slid the three pieces into it.
Click for the full size pic - useful if you want to use it yourself, just print it out at about 25x19mm.
The finished counter:
It's starting to look like a Pulse Rifle now:
I wanted to add another custom piece at the end of the small barrel. It's a triangular piece at the end: