2. Cat Scan
6. Going West
13. Prime Time
18. TimeSquare (The Legendary NY Brix Mix) 8'00"
26. Purple Haze
A return to London for the band's third concert in the city in less than five years (and all at the Shepherd's Bush Empire). A sizeable chunk of the tracks were available either on Dream Mixes 3 (two days before its official release) or the i-box, both available in the foyer beforehand. The second "half" of the main set followed the Klangart 1999 tracklist (which was their previous live date, of course).
1. Starts in a similar way to the studio version, but soon the bongos that will be everpresent tonight join in. Indeed, there is more percussion as a whole on this track. The guitar part is slightly different.
2. The first of five renditions that evening of tracks from the i-box. Remarkably, they were all taken from Disc 4! (For those without i-box, some tracks, including this one, were remixed for this release.) The segue in is somewhat reminiscent of Mars Polaris type chord padding, particularly a choir patch which overlays the early part of the piece.
11. The fifth and final rendition as on the i-box, embellished a little with bongos (as were most tracks that night). Cuts off slightly early compared to the alubm version, though, not getting into the saxophone ending.
12. (0101) Iris Kulterer was temporarily left alone on stage for a percussion solo, while the others took a short break. There was no interruption in the music. Poor Iris herself got no break until the end of the main set!
All timings rounded to nearest 15 seconds and include bridges following song (if any).
Show personnel: Edgar Froese, Jerome Froese, Gerald Gradwool, Iris Kulterer.
Back to the main concert list
© 2001 John A. Burek and Mark Schaffer