The Cathedral of St Andrew in St Andrews, Scotland was the seat of the Bishops of St Andrews from its foundation in 1158 until it fell into disuse after the Reformation. It is currently a ruined monument in the custody of Historic Scotland. The ruins indicate the great size of the building at 350 feet long.
The cathedral was founded to supply more accommodation than the older church of St. Regulus afforded. This older church, was located on what became the cathedral grounds, had been built in the Romanesque style. Today, there remains the square tower, 33 metres high, and the quire, of very diminutive proportions.
This article is licensed from Wikipedia under the GNU Free Documentation License.