Weigh Bridge

The weighbridge was manufactured by H. Pooley & Sons, Birmingham and has a weighing capacity of 5.5 tons.  It was originally used to weigh the coal that was delivered by horse and cart, of 5 tonne capacity, from Standon Bridge Railway Station. After 1925 Vulcan lorries were employed to bring the coal from the railway station and upon its closure coal was delivered direct from the colliery by National Coal Board lorries.

Previous | Home | Next