This room once contained two Mather and Platt electric two-stage centrifugal pump sets, which were used to pump water to Hanchurch reservoir. The room now contains an exhibition telling the story of how water is supplied from below ground to the storage reservoirs on the hills above the Potteries.
At the head of the room is the memorial bust to the Duke of Sutherland, who was the patron of the Staffordshire Potteries Water Works Company. The bust was kept in the boardroom at Wall Grange Pumping Station where it was unveiled at a ceremony in 1863. The inscription on the main supporting column for the bust reads:
The bust remained at Wall Grange until the building was demolished, where upon it was presented to the Newcastle Borough Council and was placed in the Municipal Hall. A plinth was added to the bottom of the bust and the following inscription added.
Following the demolition of the Municipal Hall the bust was rescued and is now on permanent loan to Mill Meece.