Why visit an Osteopath?
People usually visit an osteopath when they have pain - back pain, joint pain, muscle pain, headache etc. The pain may be caused by a sudden injury - or it may simply be a build up of postural or emotional strain. Osteopathy is effective at providing relief from pain, as well as increasing the rate of healing (and therefore return to work / sport).
However, you do not have to be in pain to benefit. Dysfunction can creep in before pain is felt - for example, runners may notice a decrease in stride length; others may experience eye strain or lack of concentration at work. Mechanical dysfunctions have a profound effect on all systems of the body. By restoring function we not only provide immediate help with distress and disease, but also encourage optimum health for a lifetime.
Conditions which are known to respond well to osteopathic intervention:
- Back, neck & shoulder pain, stiffness or tension
- Muscle and ligamentous strains and sprains
- Sports injuries or arthritic problems
- Disc problems, sciatica, trapped nerves
- Wrist, elbow, foot, knee & hip problems
- Jaw problems
- Digestive problems
- Female health & Male health problems
- Pregnancy - postural adaptation
- Babies and children's health problems