Split Second (unknown manufacturer)
This is a GREAT game! I remember a friend
of mine had one bought from the USA as a present back in the
early 80's and we used to spend whole weekends competing against
each other with it. I don't think it was distributed in the UK,
so I was amazed when I found this one. As you can possibly see
from the image, the playing area is made up of a grid of LED dots
and dashes, resulting in a grid 3 boxes across by 5 down. There
are 10 different games to choose from:
- 1. Mad Maze-'Visible'. Move your ball
from one end of the maze to the other.
- 2. Mad Maze-'Preview'. Same as 1
except you only see the maze for 1/2 a second before it
- 3. Mad Maze-'Invisible' As 1 except
the maze is totally invisible.
- 4. Space Attack - Beginner. Guide your
sight to shoot the moving space craft.
- 5. Space Attack - Pro. As 4 except
- 6. Auto Cross. The Best game in my
opinion. Guide your 'bike' (a line) between sets of dots
or around dots, like an assault course, without crashing
into the side.
- 7. Stomp. Press the key corresponding
to the position of the dot that appears before it
disappears (about 0.2 seconds!)
- 8. Speedball. Chase the moving ball
with your 'snake' made up of lines. Catch the ball within
the snake to win.
In each game you have a fixed number of
puzzles to complete, and your time taken for the complete set of
puzzles is displayed at the end of the set. High scores are kept,
so you can compete with your friends!