Quality expertise from qualified and experienced personnel
- Independent inspections and reports
- Microscopical timber and timber pest identification
- Timber Treatment analysis (quality control and on-site timber treatments)
- Gravimetric rising dampness analysis
- Plaster and hygroscopic salt analysis
- Training for individuals and groups to Industry standard (CSRT) and beyond.
- Expert Opinion and Expert Witness
- Independent Specification of Treatment and Repair
- Supervision of Treatments and Repairs
- Indoor climate monitoring (temp: rh: dust: moulds: mites: airborne volatiles: radon: etc)
- Condensation control; advice and specification
- Mould identification (harmful from non-harmful)
- Dispute Resolution
- New Free "tel-'e'-doctor" (email a digital photo we'll provide an opinion)
- Guarantees (Is yours worth the paper it's written on?)
- NEW DRY ROT Detector device (patent pending) Find dry rot before it rots the wood ***buy online from Fugenex
- Advice on basement conversions
- Advice on woodworm: what kind? To treat or not to treat....?
WHAT MC GILL CONSULTANCY DO
We offer 4 main types of independent information and advice
Non Destructive inspections for dry rot and other timber decay organisms involving the use of fibre optic probes and
sensitive moisture measurement and monitoring techniques.
Accurate identification of the decay organisms their viability and the cause.
Diagnostic assessment of the extent of decay and decay viability within the structure of property
Comprehensive repair specification based on the most up to date principles of decay control
Post contract monitoring
Laboratory Analytical Services
Analysis of timber treatment fluids and treated timber
Analysis of wood preservative fungicides and insecticides
Identification of softwood timbers
Gravimetric rising dampness analysis (BRE Digest 245)
Plaster and hygroscopic salt analysis
Fungal and insect microscopical identification.
Air temperature and humidity monitoring for condensation control
Airborne particle monitoring
Moisture mapping and monitoring of drying out of buildings after fire or flood
We offer training for those interested in learning about timber decay and related defects.
How to recognise important timber pests and diseases in various stages of development
Where to look for problems What do the problems look like?
What are the correct procedures to follow to eradicate them
When to use a pesticide What pesticide to use
Dry rot and other wood decay eradication procedures without pesticides or with minimal
Safe Pesticide application
How to carry out structural rot repairs properly
How to use moisture meters correctly.
What is rising dampness
When is a new Damp Proof Course required
The correct plastering procedures
Health and Safety and legal aspects of remedial work
Coaching for those taking the Institute exams (CSRT). and Training in the more specialised aspects of remedial work beyond the scope of CSRT
Dispute Intervention Services
We offer an expert opinion service and can arbitrate or mediate in disputes. to promote resolution.
Collecting relevant evidence in legal disputes
Independent surveys and specifications