Da2c's Tech Support - Help Desk disc
Tech Support - Help Desk (Remote Assistance)
To help with Da2c providing remote assistance. Each client is given a CD/DVD containing the 'Da2c Tech Support - Help Desk' software.
Da2c's 'Tech Support' disc is a collection of diagnostic, repair and maintenance tools. All applications run from the CD/DVD, nothing is installed and nothing is changed on the client's machine.
Remote Assistance software allows Da2c to remotely access a client's computer so that we don't need to visit their premises, most computer problems can be sorted out this way. This is more cost effective and more time efficient than having to visit the client every time.
When the client inserts the CD/DVD into their machine they are presented with a series of accessibility options. Depending on the clients needs they can choose to use the following:
- For a Low vision user: Large Type. Adjustable font - typeface and font size. Screen Magnifiers (2 different types)
- For a Colour blind user: Adjustable Colour Contrast.
- For a Blind user: Audio description. Screen reader/Voice synthesiser.
- For a Deaf user: Help pages. BSL Video clips. Link to online interpreters. TextChat.
- For a deaf (Non-BSL) user: Subtitles. Captions. TextChat.
- For a Mild Cognitively Impaired user: Tooltips. 'Easy Read' help pages. Repeatability. Hyperlink to more detailed explanation.
- For a user with limited fine motor skills: Large buttons. Auditory feedback. Alternate input devices. On-screen virtual keyboard.
All apps run directly from the CD/DVD. All of the software is either natively portable, ie. a single executable or has been 'portablised' using VMWare's ThinApp, NSIS (NullSoft Scriptable Installer System) or the freeware Cameyo.
Status: This project is in active development.