64. William POLLARD was christened on 7 Feb 1802 in Whalley Lancashire. He married Nancy LONSDALE on 20 Oct 1823 in Whalley PC. [Parents]
65. Nancy LONSDALE.
66. Thomas GRUNDY was born in Whalley Parish Church. He was christened on 6 Sep 1795. He died on 31 Mar 1880. He was buried in 1880 in Whalley Lancashire. He married Alice DENLEY on 9 Jul 1820 in Whalley Lancashire. [Parents]
1861 Census 3088 10b
1851 Census 2256 446a
63 Church St
Thomas Grundy Head 56 ? Labourer at print wks b Whalley
Alice Wife 52 b Whalley
Robert Son 20 b Whalley
Alice Dau 18 b Whalley
Thomas Son 16 b Whalley
Elizabeth Warton G Dau 4 b Wiswell
William G Son 2 b Wiswell
67. Alice DENLEY was christened in 1799. She was buried on 22 Apr 1866 in Whalley Lancashire. [Parents]
68. James SMITH was born on 23 Dec 1809. He married Isabella HOLDEN. [Parents]
1851 Census Great Harwood
Bowley SMITH James Head Marr 40 Stone mason Lancs Gt Harwood
Bowley SMITH Isabella Wife Marr 40 Lancs Billington
Bowley SMITH William Son Unmarr 17 Power loom weaver cotton Lancs Billington
Bowley SMITH James Son Unmarr 15 Stone mason Lancs Billington
Bowley SMITH Robert Son Unmarr 14 Power loom weaver cotton Lancs Billington
Bowley SMITH Richard Son 9 Lancs Billington
Bowley SMITH Isabella Daur 3 Lancs Billington
1861 Census 3091 67b
Edge End Great Harwood
James SMITH 50 Head Stonemason born Clayton le Dale
Isabella 50 Wife born Livesey
Isabella 12 Dau born Billington
Sarah 2 Grand Dau born Great Harwood
Sarah is the daughter of Robert & Margaret Davies c 11 Jul 1858 Gt. Harwood
69. Isabella HOLDEN.
70. John DAVIES.
1861 Census 3091 61b could be him
At Margarets wedding Mary Davies is a witness could be her sister ?
9 St Lawrence Street
DAVIES John Head Marr 53 Cotton Power Spinner Yorks Sedberg
DAVIES Lucy Wife Marr 55 Lancs Blackburn
DAVIES Mary Daur Unmarr 22 Cotton Power Loom Weaver Lancs Salesbury
DAVIES Thomas Son Unmarr 22 Cotton Power Loom Weaver Lancs Salesbury
HALL Mary H. Step Daur Unmarr 24 Cotton Power Winder
If this is ours he was bpt 13 mar 1808 to Samuel & Margaret batch P009242
72. James HARWOOD was christened in 1794. He married Mary PILKINGTON on 20 Nov 1815 in Blackburn.
1861 Census 25 Alker Clayton le Dale
James Harwood Head aged 67
Mary Harwood Wife aged 65
Anna Dau 35 Paralysed
Thomas Son 23 Hand Loom
William G Son ? 19 Quarryman
At 26 Alker is
Thomas Harwood Head 65 Widow Handloom
Martha Dau 26 Handloom
Alice Hopwood and James Dau and son in law and George Hopwood 5 G Son
1851 Census 2257 338b Alker Clayton le Dale
Thomas Harwood Head Wid 55 Handloom Weaver b Wilpshire
Mary Dau 20 Handloom Weaver b Clayton le Dale
Martha Dau 16 Handloom Weaver b Clayton le Dale
Ellen ? G Dau 8 Scholar b Blackburn
James Hopwood S in Law 31 ? ? b Salesbury
Alice Hopwood Dau 37 ? Handloom Weaver b Wilpshire
James Harwood Head 57 Farmer 13 Acres b Wilpshire
Mary Wife 55 Farmers Wife b Clayton le Dale
William Son 27 Handloom Weaver b Wilpshire
Hannah Dau 25 b Clayton le Dale
John Son 23 Lab on Railway b Clayton le Dale
George Son 20 Handloom Weaver b Clayton le Dale
Thomas Son 13 Scholar b Clayton le Dale
William G Son 9 Scholar b Clayton le Dale
John Yates Marsden Visitor 25 Excavator on Railway b Lower Darwen
John Roberts Visitor 23 " " b Walton le Dale
73. Mary PILKINGTON was born about 1796.
74. John HARGREAVES was born in 1817 in Blackburn. He married Catherine UNKNOWN.
1851 Census 2257 36b
Billington Nobletts Farm
John Hargreaves Head 34 Farmer 18 Acres employs 2? labs & weaver b Blackburn
Catherine Wife 34 Hand loom weaver b Blackburn
Ann Dau 12 Hand loom weaver b Blackburn
Margaret Dau 7 Scholar b Mellor
John Edmonson Lodger 59 Ag Lab b Whalley
75. Catherine UNKNOWN was born in 1817 in Blackburn.
76. Thomas CROSS was christened on 11 Sep 1836 in Church Kirk Lancashire. He married Mary BONSELL on 10 Jun 1857 in Blackburn Register Office. [Parents]
Dwelling: 18 High St
Census Place: Rishton, Lancashire, England
Source: FHL Film 1342001 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 4178 Folio 27 Page 13
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
Thomas CROSS M 44 M Accrington, Lancashire, England
Occ: Green Grocer
Mary CROSS M 48 F Lancaster, Lancashire, England
John CROSS U 20 M Blackburn, Lancashire, England
Occ: Drawing In Cotton Mill
Sarah E. CROSS U 18 F Blackburn, Lancashire, England
Occ: Cotton Winder
Thos. CROSS U 16 M Blackburn, Lancashire, England
Occ: Loomer (Cotton Mill)
My.Agnes CROSS U 14 F Blackburn, Lancashire, England
Occ: Cotton Winder
Emma L. CROSS U 8 F Rishton, Lancashire, England
Miriam CROSS U 1 F Rishton, Lancashire, England
1861 Census Blackburn Lancashire
RG 3104 74b
34 Ordnance St
Thomas Cross Head 24 Weaver b Accrington
Mary Wife 26 ? Wife b Lancaster
John B Son 10 mts b Blackburn
William Cross Boarder 18 Spinner b Accrington
77. Mary BONSELL was born in 1833 in Lancashire. [Parents]
78. Thomas Henry FLETCHER was born in 1831 in Blackburn. He married Ann NOBLE on 31 May 1852 in Great Harwood.
1861 3091 120a
High Street Rishton
Thomas Fletcher Head 28 Power Loom Weaver b Blackburn
Ann Wife 26 Power Loom Weaver b Rishton
Isabella Dau 8 b Rishton
Joseph Son 5 b Rishton
Lily ? Dau 3 b Rishton
Sophia Dau 1 b Rishton
1851 Census 2257 295a
Thomas Fletcher 19 b Blackburn lodging with the Shaw family
79. Ann NOBLE was born in 1835 in Rishton. [Parents]
1851 Census 2257 298
Edward Noble Head 50 Flagger & Slater b Rishton
Peggy Wife 48 Wife b ?
Mary Dau 19 Warper b Rishton
Ann Dau 16 Rover in Cotton Mill b Rishton
Joseph Son 14 App Flagger & Slater b Rishton
Edward Son 9 ? Scholar b Rishton
80. John HOLDEN.
84. William DEMAINE was christened on 7 Jun 1799 in Rylstone YKS. He died on 16 Jun 1857 in Low Moor Clitheroe. He was buried on 20 Jun 1857 in St. Mary's Clitheroe. He married Barbara WILSON about 1823. [Parents]
1851 Census 2256 334b
Clitheroe New ? St
William Demaine Head Wid 51 Overlooker b Embsay
Benjamin Son 20 Overlooker b Addingham
Joseph Son 18 Grinder b Addingham
Barbara Dau 15 Minder b Addingham
Sophia Dau 11 Creeler ? b Addingham
Isaac Son 8 Scholar b Clitheroe
Thomas Son 6 b Clitheroe
Ann Dau 5 b Clitheroe
Margaret Andrews Dau ? 26 b Addingham
Angelo ? G Son ? b Clitheroe
Edna Andrews G Dau 1 mth ? b Clitheroe
85. Barbara WILSON was born on 16 Mar 1800. She died on 19 May 1848.
86. Samuel ATKINSON.Samuel married Sarah UNKNOWN.
1851Census 2256 322a
14 Clarence? St Clitheroe
Samuel Atkinson Head 64 Stone Breaker b Yorks Grindleton
Sarah Wife 57 Wife b ?
Margaret Eastwood Pratt?? Dau 25 Cotton ? b ?
Edward Atkinson Son 23 Cotton Grinder b West Bradford
Jane Dau 19 Cotton ? b West Bradford
Samuel Son 17 Cotton Piercer b Clitheroe
Mary Dau 15 Card Room Hand b Clitheroe
William Richard Son 11 Scholar b Clitheroe
87. Sarah UNKNOWN.
88. William CLARKE.
90. George PILLING.George married Anne HARGREAVES.
91. Anne HARGREAVES was born in 1811. She was christened on 24 Oct 1813 in Altham Lancashire. [Parents]
Dwelling: Providence Ter
Census Place: Huncoat, Lancashire, England
Source: FHL Film 1341997 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 4159 Folio 51 Page 28
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
James KIRTKBRIGHT M 31 M Blackburn, Lancashire, England
Occ: (C) Spinner
Mary A. KIRTKBRIGHT M 31 F Huncoat, Lancashire, England
Occ: (C) Card Room Hand
Margaret A. KIRTKBRIGHT 8 F Huncoat, Lancashire, England
Sarah J. KIRTKBRIGHT 2 F Huncoat, Lancashire, England
Ann PILLING W 73 F Altham, Lancashire, England
Rel: Mother In Law
1861 Census 3076 85a
Ann Pilling Widow 49 Housekeeper b Altham
Thomas Son 20 Coalminer
Richard Son 18 Coalminer
Christianna Dau 15 Grinder
Mary Ann Dau 10 Scholar
1851 Census 2253 17b
100 Lowergate Huncoat
Ann Pilling Head Mar 40 b Altham
Martha Dau 12 Employed cotton factory b Altham
Richard Son 8 ? b Altham
Christianna Dau 5 b Altham
Mary Ann Dau 9 mths b Huncoat
92. Thomas ATHERTON was born in 1813 in Wigan. He married Margaret UNKNOWN.
1851 Census 2250 231b
Thomas Hatherton 38 Mechanic b Wigan ?
Margaret Wife 38 b Burnley
James Son 12 Factory Worker b Bacup
Edward Son 10 Factory Worker b Haslingden
Benan ? Son 8 Scholar b Shuttleworth 1881 Benjamin C - le M
Jane Dau 2 b Haslingden
93. Margaret UNKNOWN was born in 1813 in Burnley Lancs.
Dwelling: 19 Canal St
Census Place: Clayton Le Moors, Lancashire, England
Source: FHL Film 1342001 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 4176 Folio 72 Page 32
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
Benjamin ATHERTON M 37 M Edenfield, Lancashire, England
Occ: Cotton Spinner
Margery ATHERTON M 36 F Haslingden, Lancashire, England
Occ: Cotton Weaver
Mary J. ATHERTON U 11 F Clayton Le Moors, Lancashire, England
Benjamin ATHERTON 9 M Clayton Le Moors, Lancashire, England
James ATHERTON 7 M Clayton Le Moors, Lancashire, England
Albert C. ATHERTON 3 M Clayton Le Moors, Lancashire, England
Sarah ATHERTON 1 F Clayton Le Moors, Lancashire, England
Margaret ATHERTON W 70 F Haywood, Lancashire, England
96. William BARKER was born about 1800. He married Patience UNKNOWN.
97. Patience UNKNOWN.
120. George COCKSHUTT.George married Alice WHITAKER on 3 Jun 1815 in Clitheroe Lancs.
121. Alice WHITAKER.
1851 Census2256 120b
Worston Moorside House
Alice Cockshutt Head Wid ? 54 Farmer 50 Acres b Worston
Robert Son 29 b ?
William Son 23 b Worston
122. Richard BRIGGS was born in 1800. He married Ellen WHITAKER on 15 Feb 1825 in St Marys Clitheroe.
Married 15 Feb 1825 at St Marys Clitheroe both living in Chatburn
Witnessed by George Barton & Ralph Whitaker
1851 Census 2256 89a
Clay House Downham
Richard Briggs Head Wid 51 ? Farmer 84 Acres employ 2 b Chatburn
Mary A Dau 24 farmers Dau b Chatburn
Alice Dau 22 farmers Dau b Chatburn
Margaret Dau 18 farmers Dau b Chatburn
Catherine Dau 15 Scholar b Downham
Jane Dau 12 Scholar b Downham
Elizabeth Dau 6 Scholar b Downham
Ann Whittaker M in Law 76 ? Former farmers wife b Chatburn
Christopher Sutcliffe Serv 41 Stone Mason Fm Lab b Barrowford
123. Ellen WHITAKER was christened on 18 Jan 1801 in St Marys Clitheroe. [Parents]
124. William THORNBER was christened on 23 Sep 1781 in Slaidburn. He married Alice ISHERWOOD on 23 Feb 1805 in Slaidburn. [Parents]
125. Alice ISHERWOOD.
Surname List | Name Index