GBM Mobile is an out-of-the-box mobile mapping solution for use on a PDA or PocketPC phone.
Based on MapX Mobile, GBM Mobile provides complete integration with your office-based MapInfo Professional
Fully scaleable, from a single mobile device to the enterprise solution, the GBM suite is the only mobile GIS to support simple, automated PC-integration with MapInfo Professional.
GBM Mobile finds particular application in the following areas:
- Draw and edit points, lines and polygons
- Record and edit data values through custom forms
- Automate drawing styles and map presentation
Asset Management Personnel
- Accurately locate the asset with onboard GPS
- Retrieve and update asset information
- Eliminate double handling with in-field data entry
- Ensure data quality through pick lists and on-the-spot validation
- Eliminates transcription errors and double handling with direct database upload
GPS tracking to record route information
GPS controlled moving maps keep you located
- Mapping Toolbox - View, pan and zoom maps; draw and edit MapInfo objects; measure, info and statistics tools; assign graphical styles
- GPS-integration - Draw at GPS location, allow a moving map, track GPS routes
- Custom Forms - build customised data entry forms on base PC for use on the PDA. Features incluse data validation, style libraries, pick lists, track changes and more
- Integration - fully integrated with both MapInfo Professional (desktop) and MapInfo Exponare (intranet), allowing transfer of data between mobile device and office-based systems directly via cable, wireless network or by mobile phone
- GBM Mobile Manager - PC-based user interface for automated transfer of software, data and custom forms between PC and mobile device. User profiles automate upload and download operations for field workers.
- GBM Mobile Merge - Automate merging of field edits, time stamp changes, support multiple field operators, resolve concurrent edits and easily synchronise data between PC and mobile devices. Intelligent and controlled integration of edits, changes or deletions into master database.
- Optional GBM Enterprise Manager - Similar to the GBM Mobile Manager but works with files a central server rather than a workstation file system. This allows remote users download and upload data directly between the mobile device and server, simplifying administration and improving data security.
- High-resolution screens allow landscape orientation
- Use drop-down boxes to select linked sound files and images on the PDA
- Support for ECW format images
- Use the Load Data Wizard to eliminate the need to create specific geosets for the PDA, streamlining the transfer of data to the PDA.
Custom editions can now be developed to directly integrate mobile operations with specific server-side business processes or databases.
First released in 2003, GBM Mobile supports PocketPC 2003 and Windows Mobile 5, 6 or 7. The current release is v5.1.
For further information, visit geobasemap.com or download a product overview brochure
To request a free 30-day evaluation or pricing details, please email us your name, company and address and we will be in touch.